1. Chance of rain returns to forecast
A good Monday to all. Temps will be mild today with more rain possible this afternoon.
Here’s the forecast from the National Weather Service.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible after 3 p.m. In fact, according to a “hazardous weather outlook” from the weather service, “a strong upper level disturbance will trigger scattered thunderstorms across the outlook area this afternoon. The stronger storms may produce wind gusts up to 50 mph, hail up to nickel size and frequent lightning.”
Otherwise the rest of the day will be partly sunny, with a high near 79 degrees. West winds between 5 to 15 mph will gusts as high as 20 mph. The chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
Tonight scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible before 7 p.m. The chance of precipitation is 30 percent. The overnight with low will be around 58 degrees.
Tuesday will be mostly sunny with a high near 82 degrees and a low around 57 degrees.
2. Davenport road work update
• Sewer and resurfacing work in the two right/east lanes of Brady Street continues into July.
• A water main break has resulted in lane reductions on Brady between 28th and 29th streets. Traffic is down to two right/east lanes through Thursday.
• One left/west lane of Brady between 8th and 12th Streets remains closed…