Eric Garner’s daughter has been asked to meet with the Justice Department to get an update on its years-long investigation into his chokehold death on Staten Island.
“So I got some breaking news for yall,” Erica Garner tweeted on Monday afternoon.
“The DOJ just reached out to me and said they want to meet to give me an update.”
While a grand jury opted not to indict NYPD officer Daniel Pantaleo following Garner’s controversial death on July 17, 2014, the Justice Department chose to launch a federal civil rights investigation into the incident.
The probe was said to have picked up steam earlier this year after the feds questioned a high-ranking NYPD official and a sergeant behind closed doors in the Brooklyn federal courthouse.
The pair had been slapped with subpoenas, and many felt their testimony was proof that DOJ officials hadn’t given up on the racially charged case since the inauguration of President Trump and the confirmation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
Deputy Inspector Joseph Veneziano, who was commanding officer of Staten Island’s 120th Precinct when Garner was killed there in 2014, was one of the two people who were questioned, along with NYPD anti-crime Sgt. Dahnan Saminath.
Saminath appeared in the infamous cellphone video of Garner’s deadly takedown, which showed Pantaleo using a chokehold on the asthmatic father of six — causing him to yell, “I can’t breathe!”
After testifying, Veneziano claimed that the “yes or no” answers he had to give were intended to blame Pantaleo.
“Veneziano was upset that the questions in front of the grand jury were selective,” a source told The Post in March.
“It seems they’re moving toward trying to get an indictment.”
While the DOJ’s request to speak with Erica Garner may signal a shift in the case, she wrote Monday that she still doesn’t believe Pantaleo will be brought to justice.
“Im not stupid,” Erica said. “I saw how they did mike, and freddy and…